Reopening Real Estate Offices to the public during Covid-19
Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez released “The New Normal” guidelines on Wednesday, May 13, 2020, for reopening businesses, including real estate offices. Governor Ron DeSantis approved those guidelines on May 14, 2020, per Executive Order 20-122. The New Normal guidelines apply to all of Miami-Dade County. However, please monitor the City of Miami, Coral Gables, Hialeah, Miami Gardens, and Miami Beach because they are releasing their own guidelines and timelines for reopening. Read more here.
At Concierge Star Realty we take the following steps very seriously in order to protect our agents and the public:
STEP 1: PREPARE YOUR OFFICE FOR THE PUBLIC & YOUR AGENTS
- Procure increased amounts of soap, hand sanitizer, cleaning materials and protective equipment (“PPE,” e.g. face masks and gloves). The County will make every effort to ensure PPE is available for purchase by businesses who cannot access supplies.
- q Prior to reopening, flush plumbing and run water in sinks to eliminate stagnant water from the period of the office’s closure.
- q Install hand sanitizing stations at entrances and in common areas.
- Prepare a plan to clean and disinfect bathrooms every two to three hours.
- Eliminate the use of common water fountains and interactive displays.
- Post CDC signage in publicly trafficked locations, at the entry, lobby/waiting area, inside and outside of elevators, restrooms and other common areas emphasizing measures to “Stop the Spread of Germs” and to exercise social responsibility.
STEP 2: OPEN YOUR REAL ESTATE OFFICE FOR BUSINESS
- Enforce personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Facial coverings must be worn inside business establishments or wherever social distancing is not possible.
- All visitors and tenants must sanitize hands at time of building entry and wear facial coverings while in the building.
- Ensure employees and customers stay more than 6 feet apart (use visual markers to help with implementation).
STEP 3: CONTINUE BUSINESS, INCLUDING SHOWINGS
- Gatherings of fewer than 10 people are allowed.
- Maintain 6 feet of distance between people.
- Wear facial coverings.
- Wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer often.